Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Soul Work (pt1)

“Your plight is your redemption.”

Dan Allender

This phrase stopped me cold Saturday evening, and has gripped me ever since.  That seems to be a reoccurring event these days…simple truths fitting into slots invisible and unlocking doors long sealed.  As the key turns and the portal opens there is a painful wave of remembrance as to why it was sealed in the first place. Hurt, disappointment, shame, fear, rage and other unspokens filling the air like dense smoke, making it hard to breathe.  As my soul gasps for air after the initial shock there is deafening silence…a vacuum created by the absence of an answer to the question left unasked, yet relentlessly binding like iron bands around my chest.  The boy in me wants to turn and run, but something holds me still.  Not maliciously, but purposefully.  A voice whispers, “Wait, don’t run, this is only the beginning.”  And that’s where I find myself today…waiting in a dark room I hoped to never enter again.  Exposed…and…expectant…

to be continued…

1 comments:

Luke said...

Loved this, Ted...