Tuesday, September 22, 2009

100 Day Journey - Day 8...

So far this journey has taken some interesting turns. As I begin a new week I am pulled to the reality of the condition of my heart. Alan Hirsh and Micheal Frost point out that biblicaly the heart is the source of emotion, will, loyalty, and commitment. While it makes sence that this the place to start I am finding that it is also easy to confuse the heart and the head. Thinking about or on God is good, engaging God with my heart is transformational. Part of spiritual maturity is learning to discern between the two.


"lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi" - how we worship reflects what we believe and determines how we will live. Seeking "God only" isn't something I want to study, it is a prayer for my life and the lives of my family. God please grant me the courage and perseverence to engage you with my whole heart.


-- Posted from my iPod

0 comments: