Tuesday, September 29, 2009

100 Day Journey - Week 3

"The longest journey of any person is the journey inward." - Dag Hammarskjold

Week 3 of the 100 Day Journey began yesterday. So far it has been different from my expectations. My journey has begun with a deeper awareness of myself as well as God. I don't think I've been self-focused, but I'm simply becoming much more self-aware. Aware of the tension inside to remove God from the center of my life and place myself in His place. Aware of just how deeply I can hurt others, especially those close to me. Aware of how much life I have to give, and how deep the joy is when I give it away. Aware of how long the journey to "Christlikeness" is, and how much every step is worth it. Aware that "Christ in me" is the deepest part of my reality, and my only hope to find the joy and peace my soul longs for. Aware that there is much beauty in the world that is waiting to be recognized and ackowledeged. Aware that there is much pain in the world that needs to be recognized and acknowledged. Aware that neutrality is not an option.


-- Posted from my iPod

1 comments:

Johnny said...

Ted,
thanks for sharing your story/journey to new hard/difficult/greener pastures. christ is moving you from neutrality and it's stirring me for more of Him. can't wait to see where he leads you. let's journey on my friend.
Johnny