Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Limitations

"Sometimes the limitations you are willing to accept establish the boundaries of your existence."

- Erwin McManus, "Wide Awake"

 

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

—Mark Twain

Picked up Erwin's new book "Wide Awake" recently and once again have been blown away.  I forget how inspiring his writings are for me.  His ability to speak to the human spirit in a way that challenges and encourages is amazing...and comes in perfect timing in my life.  Sometimes I need to be reminded that often limits are self-defined and created.

I woke this morning viewing life through the bars of circumstance and time, then remembered that Christ has freed me to embrace eternity today.  As I reflect on this reality fear gives way to hope, and courage wells up to live from faith for love.

0 comments: